Salsa Casera alla Casa Suzana
This is a good, quick, home-style salsa for dipping totopos or spooning onto eggs.
- Mix everything in a non-reactive bowl.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours prior to serving
- Test your jalapeño before adding it!
- Reserve the ribs and seeds you removed before mincing the pepper.
- If the jalapeño is very spicy, don't add all of it. If it's very mild, finely mince the ribs and seeds and add them.
- Hunt's brand tomato sauce does make a difference, albeit small.
- Garlic powder works better than fresh garlic in this recipe.
Author: Mark Stevens
Source: Based on the salsa from El Nopalito in Galveston, TX