It's the tropics!
Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 69°F
C to 91°F/33°C
The temperature rarely falls below 63°F/17.5°C or rises above 93°F/34°C
Warm Season is May 7 - September 21, Cool Season is December 7 - February 19
- Average daily high temperature above 89°F/32°C
- Hottest day of the year around August 9, with average high of 91°F/33°C and low of 78°F/25.5°C
- Average daily high temperature below 83°F/28.5°C
- Coolest day of the year around February 4, with average low of 69°F/20.5°C and high of 82°F/28°C
Other dates outside of Warm and Cool seasons may be considered "moderate" weather
Cozumel has a "tropical monsoon climate with short dry season"Rainy Season
- Rain is most likely around September 23, occurring on 41% of days
- Rain is least likely around March 15, occurring on 12% of days
Rain is usually brief and often limited to night
Cozumel is on Mexican Southeastern Time (Zona Sureste)
On computers, tablets & phones, select "UTC-5 Chetumal" (or Bogota) as the local time zone
- The state of Quintana Roo has switched to GMT -5 year-round
- This means no Daylight Saving Time changes are observed
- It's the same as Eastern Standard Time or Central Daylight Time year-round
- Selecting "Cancun" on a device runs the risk of setting your time wrong, since many systems have not updated to the new time zone parameters - Bogota works correctly as it's also GMT -5. Chetumal is the capitol of Quintana Roo and systems that include it (Windows 10) should set the time correctly.
- Up-to-date Apple devices set the time correctly using "Cancun"
Sunrise and sunset are fairly predictable
- Due to the tropical location, day length varies by less than 2 1/2 hours over the course of the year
- Sunset in the summer is earlier than northerners expect, 7:28 PM at the latest
- Sunset in the winter is later than northerners expect, never before 5:02 PM
Ignore the DST changes in the above graphic, as Daylight Saving Time no longer applies.